In order to maintain a high standard of quality in our drivers, we have established certain minimum standards of acceptability for drivers. These standards exceed the minimum standards as dictated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and meet or exceed those minimum standards as dictated by our insurance carrier.
The standards for Kandel Transport include:
- Minimum age of 23 years.
- Prefer 2 years over-the-road all weather tractor-trailer driving experience. If you have less than 2 years experience, you maybe eligible to be hired through a New Driver Training Program, so you should still apply if interested. Candidates with Reefer experience will be given preference. A Valid Passport is desirable, but not required, except at the Syracuse terminal.
- Maximum of 3 minor moving violations within the past 36 months.
- Maximum of 2 serious moving violations as defined by the Federal Regulations within the past 36 months. Serious violations include speeding.
- Maximum of 2 minor accidents or 1 major accident within the past 36 months. (Accidents are subject to review.)
- Have a valid CDL with all necessary endorsements. Haz-mat not required.
- No loss of CDL due to disqualifying offenses during the past 36 months.
- No license suspension for moving violation or accident within the past 36 months.
- No convictions for DUI or DWI, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless driving or a felony involving a commercial motor vehicle within the past 10 years.
- No positive test result for illegal drugs or positive test for alcohol over .04 for any test conducted per the requirements of the Federal Drug and Alcohol Regulations. (Note: any refusal to be tested will be assumed to be a positive). All drivers must submit to a pre-employment drug test per DOT requirements.
- Must be capable of meeting other minimum DOT qualification requirements.
If you meet or exceed our standards listed above, click
to download a copy of the Drivers' Application (Adobe PDF format).
If you are unable to print the application, you can
us and we will send you an application. Be sure to include your name, address, and phone number. You can also call 1-800-321-3460 and ask us to mail you one.
If you prefer to fill you can fill out an online application.